Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Tea Review: Adagio Decaf Earl Grey
Brew Time: 3 minutes
Brew Temperature: 212F
Rating: 8/10
Label information: "Ingredients: decaf ceylon tea, orange peels, natural bergamot flavor, blue cornflowers"
Cost: $1.81 - $2.00/ounce from Adagio Teas
This tea smells fantastic - a bit sour, a bit sweet, bright and citrusy, and slightly floral. It smells like you would expect an Earl Grey to smell, with a bit of added sweetness.
When brewed, this tea is very dark. It looks rather like a cup of coffee. The scent is a bit toned down, but citrus is still definitely detectable. The flavor not as bright and citrusy as I had hoped. It's good, just not as good as I expected. It's a bit bitter, but not in a bad way. The citrus is hard to detect, and the black tea flavor is not as good as many other teas I have tried.
Overall this tea is a good choice if you want a flavored black tea without the caffeine, but it's not my favorite. I give it 8/10.
Labels:
8,
Adagio,
Adagio Teas,
bergamot,
ceylon,
corn flowers,
decaf,
earl grey,
loose tea,
orange peel,
tea,
tea review,
whole leaf tea
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment