Sunday, January 6, 2013

Tea Review: Adagio Irish Breakfast



Brew Time: 3 minutes
Brew Temperature: 212F
Rating: 10/10
Label information: "A hearty blend of black teas from India and Sri Lanka to get your morning off to a bright start. Ingredients: ceylon sonata tea, assam melody tea"
Cost: $1.19 - $2.00/ounce from Adagio Teas

This tea smells a bit earthy, but overall isn't very aromatic. The leaves look like your typical black tea leaves. This particular tea is a blend of ceylon and assam.

When brewed, the tea is rich and dark. I can just see the bottom of the cup. It, too, smells earthy, though not as strong, and a faint sweet scent is detectable.


This tea is mellow with a bit of earthiness. After adding milk, it gains a very slight sweetness. Unlike most other Irish Breakfast teas I have tried, this one does not have any bitterness whatsoever.


This tea is definitely my favorite morning tea. The flavor isn't so complicated that I get overwhelmed when I'm half asleep, and the scent isn't so strong that it makes me nauseous first thing in the morning. It brews quickly and packs a decent amount of caffeine.


This tea is also great when I just don't know what I want. Its flavor is uncomplicated, but very nice indeed. I give it a 10/10.



No comments:

Post a Comment